We all have those hard to buy for people on our gift giving lists. Here’s my list for the best subscription boxes and services which make great gifts and they keep on giving throughout the year – plus, they’re a good option for a last minute gift.
*Some links may contain affiliate links to trusted retailers.
Best Subscription Boxes and Services for Women – I have a bit of a subscription addiction of my own to be honest! Many of these I currently or have previously subscribed to.
1. Next Issue Media (from $9.99 per month) – if you have someone who likes magazines and their tablet, this is a brilliant option. For one monthly price they can read any of the 140+ magazines on the service. Choose from 1, 3, 6, or 12 month options.
2. FitnessGlo & YogaGlo – (from $12 per month) I’ve just started using this service to work out at home. They program new workouts all the time and they have almost every style of workout you’d want to choose.
3. Stitch Fix (gift cards available) – I’ve talked about Stitch Fix several times previously. It’s a personal styling service where you get 5 pieces of clothing or accessories per “fix” based on your style profile. Keep what you like, send back what you don’t. Easy and fun!
4. Birchbox ($10 per month) – Get monthly deliveries of personalized beauty, grooming, and lifestyle samples, tailored to your profile. Try cult brands, up-and-coming lines, and everything in between. 3, 6 or 12 month subscription options. I found some of my favorite beauty products through Birchbox.
5. Magazine Subscriptions – These are a pretty inexpensive option for a gift and you can tailor the gift to the specific interests of your recipient. Just search for “interest area” magazines to find the right fit for your gift-ee.
6. Darby Smart ($19 per month) – For the DIY or Craft Lover on your list. They send a monthly surprise project. 1, 3, and 6 month options – discounts for multi-month purchases. I’ve been doing this for 6 months or so and have done some fun projects.
7. Fabletics (gift cards available) – New workout clothes each month! I’m always motivated by getting new workout clothes. I haven’t tried Fabletics, but I know a few people who have.
Not pictured: Amazon Prime ($99 annually) – Free 2-day Shipping on Prime items, unlimited photo storage, Instant Video, Kindle First selections. What’s not to love. I definitely get my money’s worth on my Prime subscription every year! Wine clubs – These can be a little pricey but many have 3, 6 or 12 month options. Check out Gold Medal Wine Club for starters, but there are a lot of them out there depending on your recipients tastes.
Best Subscription Boxes and Services for Men
1. Pandora ($4.99 per month) – Give the gift of Pandora’s premium service. Stream your favorite music with less interruptions, plus other features.
2. Dollar Shave Club (gift cards available) – my husband actually asked for a gift subscription for Christmas. I’ll share how he likes it once he tries it out.
3. Craft Beer Club (from $39 per month) – I got my husband a 6 month subscription for his birthday last year. He gets a selection of craft beers from two new breweries each month. He says it’s one of the best gifts I’ve given him! (monthly, every other month, and quarterly options).
4. Me Undies – ($20 per pair) Supposedly one of the most comfortable pairs of underwear for guys. They have a new design each month you can sign your recipient up to receive.
5. Fancy (from $10 per month) – Don’t let the name fool you, they have lots of options for different interests – from gadgets and fashion to foodie selections and geek gear. It’s fun to see what new things will show up each month.
6. BeSpoke Post – (from $55 per month) – Monthly Box of Awesome is a themed box meant to introduce men to new products they will love.
7. Next Issue Media (from $9.99 per month) – if you have someone who likes magazines and their tablet, this is a brilliant option. For one monthly price they can read any of the 140+ magazines on the service. Choose from 1, 3, 6, or 12 month options.
Not Pictured: Amazon Prime ($99 annually) – Free 2-day Shipping on Prime items, unlimited photo storage, Instant Video, Kindle First selections. What’s not to love. I definitely get my money’s worth on my Prime subscription every year!
Best Subscription Boxes and Services for Kids – I really love the subscription concept for kids. Who doesn’t love getting things in the mail. You can even split the present up over the year and renew it as part of their birthday present.
1. Fab Kids ($29.95 per month, gift cards available) – based on your child’s style profile and sizes, a new outfit is sent to your child each month. You can skip months and return items that you don’t like for credit on or exchange. (I haven’t tried this one, but it seems like a fun option for fashion minded kids.)
2. Animal Trackers or Space Scouts (from $14.95 per month) – Animal trackers is for younger kids and tracks a new animal each month through games and activities. Space Scouts provides activities and challenges for learning about a new space or astronomy topic each month. 3, 6 or 12 month options.
3. Kiwi Crate (from $17 per month) – Get your kids creativity flowing. Each monthly box includes 2-3 art, science, or game activities. They have different age ranges to choose from and even a sibling add-on. 1, 3, 6 and 12 month options.
4. Mission Unboxable (from $15 per month) Top secret missions in these boxes include spy gear, disguise kids, fingerprint analysis, decoders, get away cars, target practice, and more! 1, 3, 6, and 12 month options available.
6. Lego Club (FREE!) – Sign your child up for the LEGO Club and he or she will get a free subscription to their magazine and lots of other fun activities online including projects and challenges.
7. KidStir – For your budding foodie. Teach them to love cooking and learning about food at an early age.
Have you tried any subscription boxes or services you’ve loved or been disappointed in? I’d love to hear about your experience.