These lemon cake batter bars bring a refreshing twist to an old favorite. Using lemon cake mix plus basic baking ingredients may be the easiest lemon bars you’ve ever made!
I’m sure I’ve mentioned before that I don’t feed my baking addiction nearly as much now that I work from home. Without willing taste testers in an office, I find I feed my sweets addiction too much if I have it in the house. I now reserve my baking for holidays and other gatherings with friends and family. For Easter my mom asked me to bring Chex Mix (of course!) and a dessert. I’ve been craving lemon desserts lately, so I thought I’d try a twist on my Cake Batter Blondies and use a lemon cake mix. Results = Yum! The consistency was perfect and they were so easy. Enjoy!
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1/4 cup oil (I use grapeseed)
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- 1/4-1/2 tsp flavor extract (vanilla, almond, or lemon work well for this recipe)
- Heat oven to 350
- Mix cake mix, oil, egg, and milk until combined.
- Add in white chocolate chips batter and mix.
- Pour batter into greased or parchment lined 8x8 or 9x9 pan and spread evenly.
- Bake 25-35 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Let bars cool.
- Drizzle or spread icing over the top of bars.