Okay, only the 2nd week in and I already missed posting on Friday. Oops! Just one of those weeks folks!
1. Glorious Fall! Last weekend was absolutely beautiful, sunny and in the low 70’s. It was probably one of the last warm weekends before colder fall temps and winter weather hits. In fact, last year at this time we already had our first snow. Eek! To top it off, the leaves are just about done turning colors and steadily falling off the trees. While it’s not fun to rake, I love the look of all the leaves around our stenciled garden rocks.
2. Soccer Ends – we were actually pretty lucky this fall with the weather for early morning soccer games. Last year we had a lot of cold game days. This year we only had one cold, rainy weekend for the season. For the last game, they do a “parents tunnel” and have the kids run through with their teams. Such a simple thing, but so fun for the kids!
3. Pumpkin Time – it was Halloween week and we had pumpkins to decorate! Carter was actually sick from school two days this week with strep throat. Luckily he’s a pretty happy sick kid, and the weather was still warm on Monday, so we were able to do our pumpkins during the day. He likes to paint his, and then we put some kind of face on it. This year was a Mr. Potato head kit. I didn’t go too crazy this year with carving. I let Carter pick out the design and he liked the bats.
4. Trick or Treat – Thursday night we had Trick or Treating. In the Des Moines area, it’s a tradition to do it on the night before Halloween, it’s called Beggar’s Night. Not only that, kids tell jokes before they get their candy. I grew up in the area, so none of this seems strange to me, but for people not from around here, it’s definitely a unique thing. Carter was a police officer. His joke Q: Why does a police officer work from bed? A: Because he’s an undercover cop.
5. Special Delivery – I got my 6th Stitch Fix this week. It’s such a fun experience unwrapping the items the stylist pics for me and seeing what I might want to keep. I forgot to take a picture of everything unpacked. I only ended up keeping one item this time. There were a few other items I really liked but they were just a bit too small. If you haven’t tried Stitch Fix, I highly recommend that you check it out!
In case you missed it – only one project post for me this week. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins – Yum!
Have a great weekend! We’re happily home for the weekend with no too many plans. We really need to get some cleaning and organizing done. Not terribly exciting, but much needed!
Linked Up At: High Five for Friday