I’m writing to you from the frozen tundra of the Midwest. We’ve had a somewhat mild winter so far, but that all changed this week.
1. Oh, Hello Winter – the 7 inches of snow and below freezing temps didn’t make it easy to get back into our schedules after our time off of work and school over the holidays. All I want to do is hibernate under a blanket when it’s this cold. I need to get over that because we have at least 2-3 more months of winter to go!
2. Armchair Home Shopping – I’m sort of obsessed right now at looking at houses (from the comfort of my couch, under a blanket!). We’ve lived in our house 11 years and we’ve thought for a long time about moving, so many pros and cons though. Luckily it’s easier to browse for houses with all the apps available to check them out.
3. Home Show Obsessed – My house shopping obsession also has me addicted to home decorating shows. I can’t get enough Property Brothers, House Hunters, and Fixer Upper. Speaking of Fixer Upper, Joanna Gaines posted the below on Instagram this week and I’m obsessed with her bracelet. I think this will be an upcoming project on my list to recreate it!
4. Monster Truck Mania – You know you’re a boy mom when you find yourself at a Monster Truck Show! I wasn’t sure what to expect when we took Carter last weekend, but it was actually a lot of fun! He had a blast and is still talking about it.
5. So Conflicted – I’m supposed to be eating better (you know, New Year, new you and all) but all I want is comfort food like my baked mac and cheese. Everything in moderation right? Maybe this weekend.