Best Parks in Des Moines
September 28, 2014
Star Wars Birthday Party - Easy Activities
Star Wars Birthday Party Activities
October 7, 2014

Lego Star Wars Stormtrooper Birthday Shirt – (Free Printable)

The birthday shirt tradition continues! For Carter, Lego and Star Wars is a combo much like chocolate and peanut butter is for me… perfection! This Lego Star Wars Stormtrooper birthday shirt was a big hit for his 6th birthday!

Lego Star Wars Stormtrooper Birthday Shirt (Free Printable)

A search for Lego Star Wars shirts brought me to a post on a Star Wars birthday party by Rae Gun Ramblings. She shows lots of great party ideas, and I really loved her shirt design. Unfortunately I couldn’t find a stencil anywhere, so I decided to make my own by tracing a blown up image of the shirt she made and then scanning it before manipulating in Photoshop and cutting my design on my Silhouette Cameo.

Lego Star Wars Birthday Shirt (Free Printable)

I used heat transfer material to put my design on a plain t-shirt I bought at Target. If you’re doing heat transfer, don’t forget to reverse your image. If you don’t have a cutting machine, check out my tutorials for other techniques for creating custom shirts.

Fabric Paint T-Shirt Designs

Bleach Pen T-Shirt

Once I got my design cut and weeded, I heated up my iron and placed the design on my shirt. I always get a little nervous about getting it on straight.

lego star wars stormtrooper birthday shirt

A few minutes with a very hot iron, and Carter’s shirt was finished! I wish I had cut the design just slightly bigger, but it still turned out great. Carter deemed it “super cool”! I realize it likely won’t be too many more years where he will wear custom birthday shirts (#pleaseslowdown), so I’ll enjoy it while it lasts!

lego star wars stormtrooper birthday shirt

To make life easier for you, if you too have a Lego Star Wars fan in your life, I created printable versions of the stencil for years 1-9, click here to download or get the Silhouette cut file. You can edit the cut file by right clicking and selecting “Ungroup”. You’ll want to select all, right click and select “Group” again before you reverse the image. Feel free to leave a comment below or contact me if you have questions.

lego stormtrooper birthday shirt pattern

Carter is having a small party with friends this weekend. I’m trying to refrain from doing many DIY projects for the party as I’m short on time this year. Sometimes I just have to show some restraint on not over-committing myself! We’ll see if I’m successful.

41 Comments

1. Theresa says:

Hi Erin. Super cute! Can you email me about this project?

2. Nina W says:

I am planning a Lego Star Wars party for my son in a couple weeks and this shirt would be perfect! He’s been going to bed with his Lego Storm Trooper next to him every night for months. Would you mind sharing the Silhouette cut file? Thanks in advance!

3. I am excited to use your design on a shirt for my soon-to-be four year old!

4. Do you still have the Silhouette file? This would be perfect for my son!

5. emily n says:

Hi! Could you please email this Silhouette file? My son is having a Star Wars pool party and he will be 6! This is perfect and amazing!!! Thank you!

6. Hi Sarah – I just sent you the file via email. I hope your son loves his Star Wars themed party as much as mine did!

7. Hi Anja – I just emailed you the file. I hope your nephew loves it!

8. Melanie says:

Hi! What an awesome t-shirt! My son would be over the moon to be presented with this on his 6th birthday in May! I am new the the whole “die-cut machine possibilities.” Being a newbie, I am on the fence between getting a Silhouette or a Cricut. May I please get your cut file in case I do go with the Silhouette? Thanks for sharing!

Best,
    Melanie

9. Nancy says:

Hi Melanie
    I LOVE this t-shirt and stencil!! Would you be able to email me a printable without the number?? I don’t trust myself to get the reverse part right. ;). Without the numbers, it will look great regardless!
    Thanks in advance
    all thumbs mom of 2 boys

10. Jamie says:

I’m doing a Lego party and would love to make this shirt for the birthday boy. Is is possible to cut this on a cricut or do it without a machine? Thanks, Jamie

11. Kimberly says:

Hi Erin!
    This is precious and is perfect for my son’s 6 th bday on Saturday! I’ll be cutting it with the cricut expression, hope I can use the same file type. Thank you so much for sharing!

12. Kristin says:

I would love to make this shirt for my son’s 5th birthday this weekend! I have a Silhouette, so if you have time to send me the file- it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!!

13. Lindsey says:

Hi! I would love the Silhouette studio file. Thank you! 🙂

14. Hilary says:

Could I get the file? Would it work just as a stencil? Thanks!

15. marleen says:

hi, just discovered your blog and in love with this file. Would like to get the 5 years for my boy who’s birthday is tomorrow… hope that you read this in time! TNx !

16. Love this! Would you be willing to email me the silhouette file? Awesome job!

17. tracy wilson says:

Hi Erin! Would you be willing to email me the silhouette file for seven? Thank you! ( I am a silhouette newbie and that would be AMAZING!

18. Trish says:

Hi Erin! I just found the stormtrooper shirt via Pinterest….my grandson turns 6 this week and would L.O.V.E. this….would you please send me the silhouette file? Thanks a million….I’m your newest follower!

19. Lora R says:

My little guy is turning 3 in November and is a HUGE Lego Star Wars fan. I’d love the sillouhette file please!!!!

20. Christy says:

Hi Erin! I love this shirt! My little man is turning 7 next week and he would love this! Would you mind emailing me the silhouette file? Thanks so much!

21. Deisy says:

Hi! Do you still have the Silhouette file? My son will love it…

22. Becky says:

Hi! I would love the Silhouette file – could you email me the cut file? Thanks!

23. Katy says:

hi erin – if i use your printable version of the stencil and an iron-kit from the craft store, will it work? i am embarrassingly confused as to whether the number (6) will be facing the wrong way. thank you in advance!

• Hi Katy – You’ll want to read the directions on your transfer kit, but in most cases you need to reverse the image before printing. This is a good reminder that I should create the file both ways for people if they’re using heat transfer. Some people use it as a stencil and don’t want it reversed.

• Katy says:

thank you so much for the reply Erin – is there any way you could send me the reverse for age 6 or is it a big pain? I am as low brow as it comes as far as artistic talent, so I am afraid heat transfer would be the only way for me to go!!

24. Stefanie says:

Dear Erin! What a wonderfull idea! As a silhouette newbie I would like to ask You for the silhouette file without a number, because my husband is too old 😉 Best wishes from Germany!

25. Monika says:

Dear Erin, my star wars fan turns 7 in 3 weeks and his wish is a star wars shirt. would you be so nice and email a cut version for me? Thank you very much from Switzerland.

26. Alyssa says:

You are awesome! I just made three different Lego themed shirts for my son, and he insisted that he needed a storm trooper lego shirt. Would you be able to send me the Silhouette cut file for a 6 year old and without a number on it? Thanks so much!

27. Petal Randhawa says:

Hi Erin! This is so neat! My lil one is turning 5 next month and I am planning to have a lego star wars party for him. He would love this shirt. If you can please send me the silhouette file, I’d really appreciate it! Thanks!

28. Jenner Hinch says:

It isn’t letting me download the file, could you please send it to me? This is perfect for my sons 5th birthday! Thank you so much for creating it!

29. maral kasparian says:

Hi there- would you be willing to sell me a heat transfer sheet? my son is turning 6 and this would be perfect! i don’t have access to a printer and this would really help me out..

30. Christina says:

Can I get this with the 6 on it too? Thanks

31. Karissa Barr says:

Hi Erin! Would you mind emailing me this file with a 7? or do I change the number? I’m not sure, but my little guy is having his star wars bday party this weekend and this would be perfect for him! Thank you 🙂

//]]>