I forgot how good these peanut butter bars really are! I’ve been craving them for a few weeks, in a way that Reese’s Peanut Butter cups just couldn’t curb. Made with ingredients I already had on hand, these quick and easy to make treats were a big hit at an office potluck last week.
Peanut butter and chocolate, oh how I love thee together! In a raving sweet tooth moment (or stress induced eating), I’ve been known to do this… Don’t judge!
My mom used to make these peanut butter bars when I was a kid. I haven’t made them in a long time, but now that I’ve had them again, it won’t be long before I make them again. I made them for a work tailgating potluck last week and they disappeared pretty fast.
Ingredients – Bottom Layer:
- 3/4 cup salted butter (melted)
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cup peanut butter
Ingredients – Top Layer:
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- For bottom layer, combine butter, graham crackers crumbs, powdered sugar, and peanut butter in a medium size bowl. Spread evenly in a 9×13 pan.
- Refrigerate layer for 20-30 minutes.
- For top layer, melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter together in microwave safe bowl for 1-1.5 minutes. Stir every 30 seconds until fully melted and combined. Spread evenly over peanut butter layer.
- Refrigerate at least 20 minutes before cutting, makes 24-36 depending on how big you cut them.
I prefer serving/eating these slightly chilled. I find they set well, but on a warm day they will melt pretty quickly. At room temperature they hold up fine for a few hours. I use both milk chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate chips. You can use all of one or the other to your taste though (or what you have on hand).