If cake batter blondies and pumpkin bars had a baby, it would be these pumpkin cake batter blondies! The best of both worlds with the dense consistency of blondies and white chocolate chips with the fall favorite pumpkin spice, you can’t go wrong!
I’ve been on a bit of cake batter blondie kick lately so when I saw pumpkin cake mix at the grocery store recently I thought I’d try making a pumpkin version. Thumbs up!
Start by mixing your cake mix, oil, egg, milk, canned pumpkin and pumpkin spice (optional) until smooth.
Add in your white chocolate chips and 1/3 cup sprinkles (optional).
Spread your batter evenly in a parchment lined pan (or spray pan with cooking spray). Sprinkle remaining tablespoon of sprinkles over the top of batter. Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes. Don’t over bake. With my oven it takes right around 29 mins. Once the toothpick comes out clean you’re good to go. They will bake a little in the pan as they are cooling.
Once cool, lift out parchment and cut or cut directly in pan. Enjoy the pumpkin spice mixed with white chocolate goodness!
- 1 box pumpkin spice cake mix
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 heaping cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sprinkles + 1 tbsp sprinkles (optional)
- Heat oven to 350
- Mix cake mix, pumpkin pie spice, oil, egg, and milk, pumpkin until combined.
- Add in white chocolate chips and 1/3 cup sprinkles (optional) to batter and mix.
- Pour batter into greased or parchment lined 8x8 or 9x9 pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 tbsp sprinkles on top (optional).
- Bake 25-35 minutes. Do not over bake.