These Salted Caramel Brownie Bites are sure to be the biggest hit at your next gathering. They’re the perfect one-bite treat, look impressive, and they’re so easy to make!
I can’t believe it’s taken me a few weeks to share this recipe with you. Once you try them, you’ll be mad at me for not posting sooner! Ever since I started working from home, I haven’t done nearly as much baking… and I miss it! I used to share my treats with my co-workers, but we have no willpower in our house and can’t have entire batches of baked goods sitting around the house all the time. A few weeks ago, I was in a baking mood, so I planned a visit to my old office with treats in tow. I’ve already shared the Dutch Letter Bars I took in, but I saved the best for last with these Salted Caramel Brownie Bites. Let me say it again slower so you can enjoy it Salted… Caramel… Brownie… Bites.
You can either use your favorite brownie recipe, or a boxed mix (I vote box!)
Make your brownie batter per directions on the box. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Create divots in the centers of each brownie bite with the back of a measuring spoon or melon baller. If your brownies seem too soft, you can put them back in the oven for another minute or two. Don’t over bake.
Mix your caramel bits, sea salt, and heavy cream together and microwave for 30 seconds, microwave again in 15-20 second intervals until smooth. Spoon into brownie divots without overfilling. You can try to sub in milk for heavy cream, but start with a little less. You don’t want your caramel too runny.
Once caramel is slightly firm, sprinkle a little course sea salt on the top of each. If you’re not a fan of salted caramel, you can leave it out and go with just the straight caramel… still delish!
- Brownie mix and ingredients to make as directed.
- 1 cup caramel bits or unwrapped caramel candies.
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare mini-muffin pan by lightly spraying with cooking spray.
- Prepare brownie mix as instructed.
- Fill each mini-muffin half full with brownie batter. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove brownies from oven and gently press down the center of each. The back of a circular measuring spoon or melon baller works well. Cool slightly in the pan.
- When slightly firm, remove brownies from the pan. Loosen the edges with a spoon or flat flexible knife. Place on cooling rack and cool completely.
- In a microwaveable bowl, add caramel bits or unwrapped caramel candies with heavy cream. Using a sea salt grinder, grind two half turns into caramel and stir (or use a small pinch of sea salt)
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds, stir. Microwave again for 15-20 second intervals until melted.
- Use measuring spoon to spoon caramel into each brownie divot, trying not to overflow.
- When caramel is slightly firm, sprinkle coarse sea salt on top of caramel to your taste.
These were a big hit! After the first time I made them, I picked up ingredients at the store to immediately make them again for a friends get together.