This ranch snack mix is an upgraded version of a snack I remember eating as a kid, which we only made with oyster crackers. I went to a baby shower 10 years ago or so where the host had made this and added in other crackers besides oyster crackers – simple but genius upgrade! Since that time I’ve modified the original seasoned oyster cracker recipe a bit to suit my family’s tastes. This recipe is so simple yet gets rave reviews at any gathering I take it to.
Ranch Snack Mix Ingredients:
- 1 package oyster crackers
- 1.5 cups White Cheddar Cheez Its
- 1.5 cups other plain crackers (I used mini Club Crackers this time)
- 1.5 cups broken up breadsticks (approximately 1.5-2 inch sections)
- 1 cup vegetable oil (or substitute other lighter oils like grape seed)
- 1.5 tablespoons of dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- In a large bowl, combine your crackers and breadsticks.
- In a small bowl combine your oil and seasonings together.
- Pour about half of your mixture over your crackers and stir well to coat. Pour in the remainder of your oil mixture over your crackers and coat evenly.
- Let sit for for a few hours (or overnight) to soak into your crackers.
You can eat it right away too, but it’s a bit oily until the mixture infuses into your crackers. I like to stir it periodically. You can store in an airtight container for several days.
This is a hit at parties and perfect for the Super Bowl, game day, family gatherings, work snack days – you get the idea!
Linked Up At: Create Link Inspire; Monday Funday; Weekend Re-treat; Pin Me Link Party