I’m hoping my unintentional few week hiatus from posting is over. Work travel plus end of winter (hopefully) sickness has kept me sidelined lately. I hated to miss another Friday Five, so here’s my attempt to catch up on the last few weeks.
1. Winter Pick Me Up! Every year a group of my friends spread across the country do a secret pal exchange. We used to do it at the holidays but the last few years we moved it a little later in the winter. My package came from a friend in Pittsburgh this year and it was filled with all sorts of goodies from the city and some fun things for Carter too. It really lifted my spirits and was exactly what I needed to beat the winter blah’s. I’ll be doing an upcoming post on the package I sent my giftee.
2. A Snowy, but LOVE-ly Work Trip. I visited our Colorado office last week, home of mywedding.com. It was my first visit to their office and I adored all of the love-filled details of their space. It snowed 8-10 inches in the two days we were there, so we didn’t make it to many other places besides the office.
3. Best Grilled Cheese Ever – A few weeks ago, Todd and I both saw a post circling Facebook for an Inside Outside Grilled Cheese from Food Wishes. I’m a bit of a grilled cheese connoisseur, so I was all in from first sight. It did not disappoint. The only issue was trying to avoid making them night after night!
4. New At Home Workout Motivation – Before my work travels and illness also sidelined my workout routine, I was pretty proud that I’d settled into a new home workout plan(s). I say plans because I was trying both Daily Burn and Fitness Glo. I’ll do a full comparison soon for you, but I have to say I really liked both and there are definitely pros and cons depending on what you’re looking for. Hopefully I’ll be feeling better tomorrow and can get back at it!
5. Mint Chocolate Time – I’m not sure how to segue from working out into baking, so I’ll just dive right in. One of my all time favorite combos is chocolate and mint. Now that March has hit, it seems utterly appropriate to make as many chocolate mint desserts as I can handle, starting with one of my favorites, these Mint Chocolate Brownie Bites. I’m also collecting lots of new inspiration on my Mint Chocolate Desserts Pinterest board.
We have a busy weekend planned, starting out with getting our taxes done. It’s not the most exciting start to a weekend, but it will be good to get it out of they way. Winter finally seems to be lifting and we’re headed toward 60 degree temps next week. It’s amazing how happy that can make…. pretty much everyone!