I’m writing to you from the frozen tundra of the Midwest. We’ve had a somewhat mild winter so far, but that all changed this week.
1. Oh, Hello Winter – the 7 inches of snow and below freezing temps didn’t make it easy to get back into our schedules after our time off of work and school over the holidays. All I want to do is hibernate under a blanket when it’s this cold. I need to get over that because we have at least 2-3 more months of winter to go!
2. Armchair Home Shopping – I’m sort of obsessed right now at looking at houses (from the comfort of my couch, under a blanket!). We’ve lived in our house 11 years and we’ve thought for a long time about moving, so many pros and cons though. Luckily it’s easier to browse for houses with all the apps available to check them out.
3. Home Show Obsessed – My house shopping obsession also has me addicted to home decorating shows. I can’t get enough Property Brothers, House Hunters, and Fixer Upper. Speaking of Fixer Upper, Joanna Gaines posted the below on Instagram this week and I’m obsessed with her bracelet. I think this will be an upcoming project on my list to recreate it!
4. Monster Truck Mania – You know you’re a boy mom when you find yourself at a Monster Truck Show! I wasn’t sure what to expect when we took Carter last weekend, but it was actually a lot of fun! He had a blast and is still talking about it.
5. So Conflicted – I’m supposed to be eating better (you know, New Year, new you and all) but all I want is comfort food like my baked mac and cheese. Everything in moderation right? Maybe this weekend.
If you missed them, here are my posts from this week – Etching on Slate and How to Shred Chicken with Your KitchenAid Mixer
Linked Up At: Five on Friday; High Five for Friday
I too, am under a deep freeze here in New York. Thankfully no snow to speak of. I also love Fixer Upper. Chip and JoJo work so well together and I love her themeto incorporate old funky things. The bracelet is definitely a must do. Let me know when you have mastered it.
I’m in Ohio, and it’s been pretty ridiculous weather here, too! Some of our snow has melted, but it’s negative with the windchill. Miserable.
I also wanted to stop and let you know that the High Five for Friday link up has a new home! We’d love to have you as a part of it, this week or any time in the future! Have a great weekend 🙂
Caitlin @ Coffee with Caitlin
Erin @ sometimes-homemade.com
Thanks Caitlin, I’ll swing over abd check it out!
I’m obsessed with armchair home shopping too. I will not be buying a house anytime soon, but I still LOVE to look 🙂
Katie @ Cup of Tea Blog
I love HGTV shows too! I don’t have cable, but when Netflix added a ton of shows, I didn’t get anything done for weeks! We have been cold (not negative temps!) here in NC but I do wish we had some snow. Growing up in the Midwest, it just doesn’t seem right to have cold weather and no snow!
Thank you SO MUCH for linking up with H54F!!! Hope to see you next week!
Katie @ Cup of Tea
I spent last Sunday watching a marathon of Leave it to Bryan then House of Bryan ~ Trev thinks I have a new crush and I think he is right! It was not just cold here last week it was ridiculous ~ then 20 cm of snow on Friday so we can’t win 🙁 I made ham and scalloped potatoes last night so I am with you on the nesting/comfort food thing. We eat pretty good all week so on the weekends I tend to makes soups and slow cooked meals ~ so good. Excuse me while I go change back into my pj pants ~ I think HGTV is calling my name. xoxo
Erin @ sometimes-homemade.com
Lori – I made my Mac and cheese in a cast iron skillet today. Holy buckets it was good, crispy little bits on the sides! Have a great week!
I live in Kentucky and it was so cold last week. I stayed inside most of the time lol. I’m also a boy mom and a lover of home shows. Thank you so much for linking up to High Five for Friday!!!
Tif @ Bright on a Budget
It’s cold in Kentucky, but we’ve haven’t had much snow yet. Good luck house shopping! We’re in the same boat right now.
Big thanks for joining us for H54F!!!
Comments are closed.