Happy Friday after Thanksgiving! I hope you enjoyed a great feast and festivities with your families like we did! I was too busy stuffing my face and chatting to take any pictures, but here’s my Friday Five for the week.
1. Family Pics – we got our family pictures taken a few weeks ago after rescheduling from a perfect fall day due to Carter having a scraped up face. Our retake day was one of the coldest days we’ve had so far, but we still managed to get a few outside pictures.
If you’re in the Des Moines area, Janae Patrice Photography is awesome to work with! Now to order holiday cards!
2. LEGO Fun – Last weekend we took a trip to Kansas City. It’s only a three hour drive from Des Moines and we’ve been wanting to take Carter to the LEGO Discovery Center there for a while. He really wants to go to LEGOLAND, but we had to settle for a closer option for now!
3. Personalization Heaven – We stayed on the Plaza in Kansas City, and as I was checking out a few stores I ran across HMK, which is an amazing store for personalized gifts. Really, where has it been all my life?! Unfortunately they don’t have online ordering, but I got lots of great ideas browsing through their store. Right now they only have locations in Kansas City, Dallas area, and Denver.
4. Pumpkin Love – I made these mini marbled pumpkin cheesecakes with gingersnap crust to take for the Thanksgiving dessert table. Post to come next week on my adaptation of this recipe. I also made my Best Chex Mix Ever (obviously!).
5. Gifts for the Wine Lover – This week’s gift guide was for the wine lover on your list. Check out both Buy and DIY options.
Speaking of shopping, I’m not much of a Black Friday shopper. I prefer buying from the comfort of my couch in my pj’s. I need to get on it though, so far I’ve bought nothing and I haven’t started on my handmade gifts either. Good thing I’m off work until Monday!
Enjoy your weekend!
Linked Up At: Five on Friday; High Five for Friday