1. Sweet Notes – It was my birthday this week. Todd and Carter both got me very sweet cards. I love that Carter signed both his first and last name, like I might not know which Carter calls me Mom. #lovethiskid
2. Celebrations – continuing on with the celebration theme, we met a new milestone at work and popped a bottle of Dom Perignon. It was given to us as a gift and what a mighty nice gift it was!
3. New Experiments – I tried a new recipe this week with my new KitchenAid mixer. I’ve been staring at the cover of Better Homes and Gardens this month with its Chocolate Pumpkin Swirl Cake. It’s not quite cover worthy, but it was pretty tasty. My new mixer was a dream!
4. Never Gets Old – We had some friends over on Saturday who have kids the same age as Carter. We always have a good time together. I made some custom shrinky dinks for the kids to make. They loved watching them shrink up in the oven. What’s old is new again. You can buy the blank sheets at JoAnns or on Amazon.
5. Cruel Mother Nature – we had a 30 degree temperature drop overnight. Nearly 60 degrees on Sunday and then in the 20’s on Monday. Not quite ready for that!
We’re looking forward to a weekend at home, celebrating my nephew’s birthday and family pictures – still trying to decide what to wear. Have a good one!
Linked up at: 5 on Friday, High Five for Friday
That chocolate pumpkin swirl cake looks so, so delicious! Of course, with my gestational diabetes, I pretty much can’t eat anything, so everything looks delicious. But even so, without it, I’m always obsessed with anything pumpkin!
And I used to love shrinky dinks growing up! I’ve been wondering if they still exist since I never see them anymore and I’m so happy to see they do!
Erin @ sometimes-homemade.com
You’ll have to put the pumpkin swirl cake on your list for next year’s “pumpkin” season! Once in a while you can find pre-printed shrinky dinks at toy stores. They make fun birthday presents for crafty kids.
Comments are closed.