It seems ironic that it snowed almost a foot here the day before Groundhog’s Day. Only 6 more weeks of winter would be welcome! Alas, it’s usually longer than that. Snowstorms here often mean lots of fun, pretty trees, aching backs (from shoveling), and frustrating commutes… all in the same day! We’re definitely ready for Friday!
1. Snow Capped Trees – from Saturday night through midday Sunday we got about 10 inches of snow. When I woke up Sunday morning, it was a beautiful sight to see untouched snow on all the trees. Unfortunately it was really wet and heavy snow, so it broke a pretty big limb off of one of our trees, and it makes for back-aching snow removal, even with a snow blower (so I’m told since Todd did all that!)
2. Snow Fun – Luckily it wasn’t terribly cold out, so Carter played outside in the snow for a few hours throughout the day. It’s really reminds you of the true joys of seeing things through the eyes of a child!
3. Weather Boy – Carter got this Weather Station for Christmas and loves that the little weather boy tells him both the indoor and outdoor temperature, the time, and how to dress for the weather. It came recommended by one of my co-workers to me, and I’m so glad Santa brought it for Carter’s stocking!
4. Sweet Rewards – To surprise Todd for his work blowing out and shoveling not only ours but several neighbors driveways and sidewalks, I made this Chocolate Chip Toffee Skillet Cookie. I hate to admit it, but I attempted to freeze the remaining cookie dough for a later treat, but I just ended up eating it this week (straight out of the freezer). #stresseater
5. Dreaming of the Beach – All the snow this week made me day dream of vacation. Sinking my feet into a white sandy beach seems so much better than the white stuff we have. Here’s my #tbt for the week, a picture from my pool side chair in Palm Beach last year staring up at a sun halo through the palm trees. Ahhhhhhh…..
Have a great weekend!