Am I the only one not quite in the swing of things after the holidays? This week has been a long one, and I’m so happy it’s Friday!
1. One Hot Mess – For some reason during the week our counter and kitchen table become the epicenter of chaos. Craft supplies, games, school papers, mail, and pretty much anything that isn’t supposed to be there finds its way here during the week. Unfortunately during the work and school week it sometimes seems impossible to keep up on it. (Don’t judge, just keeping in real here people!) I foresee some cleaning in my future this weekend. (Here’s what our clean kitchen looks like).
2. Skywalk Fun – Last weekend we still had some pretty cold temps on Saturday, so what’s a mom to do with a kid that gets cabin fever? If you’re in Des Moines, we sometimes head to the skywalks downtown. On the weekends it’s mostly deserted and a great place to roam and run. Here’s Carter chasing one of his cars.
3. Future Builder – It did finally warm up (I’m talking 30’s people!) and Carter set out to do his own DIY project while I was doing some crafting. Todd’s dad built this workbench last year for Carter for Christmas. Such an awesome gift!
4. Chocolate Cravings – I’ve been doing well meeting my Fitbit steps goal this week, but somehow that didn’t stop this chocolate bar from jumping into my cart at the store. Godiva. Milk. Chocolate. Salted. Caramel. Really, I need not say anymore!
5. Photo Finish – One project I did get done over my holiday vacation days was our annual family photo book and organizing all of my digital photos. I was actually two years behind so I did two at once. They came in the mail this week, and I’m so happy with how they turned out. There are still some great deals out there for creating photo books. On Shutterfly right now you can save 40% off virtually everything with promo code LUV40 (affiliate link)
This weekend I’m looking forward to getting a few things done around the house, working on some projects, and relaxing a bit. I also need to get geared up for a work trip next week. Have a good one!
If you missed it this week, check out my post on making an Angel Wing Bracelet.
Linked Up At: High Five for Friday; Five on Friday
I can totally relate to the kitchen counter clutter issue. How does it happen in such a short amount of time!? Thanks for showing that not everyone has a perfect house all the time!
Katie @ Cup of Tea Blog
I’ve been behind doing our family photo books too! And I’m definitely not back in the groove yet after the holidays. I’m trying to do better this week. Doing great on the housework/staying organized, but failing miserably at the blogging!! Thanks for linking up with H54F!!!
Katie @ Cup of Tea
Comments are closed.