My week included a work trip to NYC at the beginning of the week. Now I’m playing catch up both at the office and at home. Thankfully Todd and Carter held down the fort well while I was gone.
1. Night Sights in Midtown – I arrived in New York City on Monday evening in time to catch dinner with some co-workers. It was fairly nice (for January), so I decided to take a walk after dinner to get my 10,000 steps in for the day (more later on that). Our office is in Midtown, so pretty close to Rockefeller Center. Since it was MLK Jr. Day, there wasn’t much open and not to many people out and about. I get to NYC fairly often for work, so I generally don’t do much touristy stuff, but I always love walking around (and shopping if I have time, sadly not this trip).
Clockwise from top left:
Helmsley Buildiing / Ice Skating Rink Rockefeller Center / Radio City Music Hall / NBC Studios
2. Random Finds – Getting ready for my trip this week, I cleaned out my purse, and it’s always interesting to see what random things I’ll find (and realize how long it’s been since the last time). I thought a few of the items were pretty telling of being a boy mom, a crafter, and a wine lover. A combination I’m quite proud of! Had the Laffy Taffy been banana, it would have been eaten long ago!
3. DIY Leather Cord Keeper – You may have caught my post earlier in the week for the monogrammed cord keeper I made prior to my trip. It definitely helped manage my tangle of cords.
4. Workweek Hustle – our annual health challenge started at work this week. A group of us who all have Fitbit’s are participating in a workweek hustle challenge. With traveling the first part of the week, I wasn’t sure how I’d do, but I managed to get my 10,000 steps in each day. The hotel gym + walking to and from everywhere while in the city helped. I won’t lie that I had to do a few laps within my hotel room one night to hit the 10k mark. I found this meme to be so true! (source: Pinterest)
5. Good Eats – Of course I pretty much counteracted meeting my step goals by eating out in the city. Tuesday I had a fun night with good food and good wine, and good company of course. PJ Clarke’s is a NYC historic staple, but I had never been to its semi-private Sidecar restaurant upstairs. We went in a little discreet side door and up the back stairs. Unfortunately I didn’t get any of my own pictures. (source: flickr)
We’re celebrating Todd’s birthday this weekend by having some friends over on Saturday night. Our kids are all around the same age, so we always have a good time getting together. We’ve been playing Cards Against Humanity the last few times we’ve gotten together. So wrong, but so fun! Any other recommendations for good party games?
Linked Up At: Five on Friday; High Five for Friday; Oh Hey Friday
Tif @ Bright on a Budget
Cards Against Humanity is always a hit at my husband’s office get-togethers:) And I’m a little jealous of your trip to NYC! I’ve only been once and loved it!
Thanks for linking up with us!
I love your photos of New York! I would love to go there. I love the cord keeper. That’s something I definitely need to do. Thanks for linking up to H54F!
Comments are closed.