Here we are at the end of another week. Most of the schools here were on spring break this last week. While we didn’t jet off to somewhere warm, and I’m incredibly jealous of those who did, I was happy to have taken a few days off to spend with Carter AND the office was fairly quiet with a lot of people gone, so I was so glad to also have a productive few days at work the days I was there!
1. Sweet Reward – We started last Friday’s day off with a trip to get Carter’s haircut. The place just happened to be a few doors down from Scratch Cupcakery. Carter decided he didn’t want a cupcake, but I still treated myself! It’s always so hard to pick from all of their flavors, but I have a hard time passing up their traditional Almond Wedding Cake – mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
2. American Ninja Warrior Obsessed – After a haircut and cupcake, we were off to one of our favorite parks at Raccoon River. If you want to make the day of a bunch of little boys, offer to time them doing an obstacle course American Ninja Warrior style. At one point they were lined up 10 deep to try to beat their own times and cheering each other on. I think Carter was born part monkey!
3. Decorating Help – Carter decided our mantel needed a little redecorating. Along side my monogram collection, wine cork ball and framed family tree, we now have a Lego scene going on. I think he’s just proud he can reach the mantel now. (Don’t mind the dust!).
4. Favorite Sips – I’m yet again working on kicking my diet soda habit. Now that it’s spring I’m making one of my favorite (non-alcoholic) summer drinks which is a low cal copycat of Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade. I think I’ve made 3 pitchers of this in the last week and a half.
5. March Madness – March Madness games kicked off this week. While I’m not a huge basketball fan, all three Iowa state universities are in the tourney. Sadly Iowa State already was upset on Thurs. That means my brackets are not starting off well. To get into the spirit, I’m thinking of making some wings this weekend. Check out this method for getting Crispy Baked Chicken Wings. It’s the only way we cook wings. (Although if someone wanted to give us a smoker, I’m sure we would give that a shot too!)
Todd and I are both taking tomorrow off to do something fun with Carter on his last day of spring break. We haven’t decided what yet, but I’m Carter will have a few requests. I’m hoping to start a train sign project for my step mother-in-law that I’ve been meaning to get done for at least 9 months. Where does the time go?! Enjoy your weekend!
Linked Up At: Five on Friday; High Five for Friday
Yum! I love Scratch cupcakes! And your chicken looks delicious. I will have to try it!
Comments are closed.